Barefoot Runners Knock the Socks Off Jogging World
(May 14) — Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton might not be the fastest runner on the road, but he never has to stop to tie his shoes.
The California jogger is one of the leaders of the barefoot running movement, a small but growing niche of runners who say they feel better — and healthier — without their sneakers.
“Shoes are deceptively comfortable,” said Barefoot Ken Bob, who after completing 77 marathons — one with shoes and 76 without — is considered the grandfather of the shoeless running community.
- Running: A Skill That Can Alleviate Stress
- Women’s Running Magazine: National Running Day 2014
- Stay Focused on The Problem, Not The Person
- Labor Day Running
- A Return to Running Shoes
- Training Barefoot Form
- All About the Run Workout
- Hang Cleans and a Run — A Great Start to Monday
- Getting you more Fit
- Hitting my stride