Rest and Recovery
Another rest day in motion. I can totally see how someone can get used to NOT getting up at the crack of dawn — I think this forced rest has done me good though. I am going to run tomorrow morning and have a running appointment with my pal – Kimmy – Saturday morning — so while rest is good – there is no chance of slipping into my old habits. It’s not me anymore —
One thing I have been thinking about is doing some yoga or stretching on a regular basis. Center myself and get some flexibility back. Maybe even try meditation – to help quiet my mind a bit. I am definitely in my head a lot when I work out.
What’s nice about the group of ladies I work out with – I have heard from many of them – just checking in on me and telling me they support my rest time. How great is that?
- Rest and Recovery are Not the Same
- 50 reasons to Exercise
- Strength Training: Rest Helps Reset
- Say Yes to the Rest
- Quieting The Mind
- Stop and See!
- How Bad Do You Want It?
- Kids and Health: The Decline of Good Nutrition and Fitness Programs in Schools
- Saturday Ramblings from Suburbia
- Mindfulness Meditation Linked With Positive Brain Changes, Study Suggests