Im going to try the recipe below this evening. I am looking for ways to eat more ‘paleo’. The Paleo Diet is a way of eating in the modern age that best mimics diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors – combination of lean meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Quite a few folks I know have done a ’30 day Paleo Challenge’ and have transformed their mind and body because of it. What do you think?
Paleo Ground Rules:
All of the lean meats you can eat.
All of the fruits and non-starchy vegetables you can eat.
No cereals or grains (wheat, oats, corn, etc.)
No legumes (peanuts, beans)
No dairy products.
No processed food.
10-Minute Pizza Soup
Makes two generous servings.
2-3 Italian sausage links
half bag frozen chopped broccoli
3 cups broth (I like to use half beef, half chicken.)
14.5 oz. can chopped tomatoes (I like Muir Glen fire-roasted.)
2-3 teaspoons Penzeys Pizza Seasoning
1. Cut the sausage into coins, moons, or dice. I like to make moons, then halve them. They look like little slices of pizza!
2. Heat some olive oil in a saute pan and brown the sausage.
3. Add the canned tomatoes and the pizza seasoning. Stir to combine.
4. Pour in the broth, then add the broccoli. It can be frozen or defrosted; doesn’t matter.
5. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Ladle into deep bowls, then drizzle with a teaspoon of high-quality olive oil and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Perspective and Hope
- Getting Back On The Horse
- Dynamic Effort Squatting
- Paleo Three Ingredient Ice Cream Treat
- Paleo Worlds Collide
- Stop Lying To Yourself about Your Nutrition
- Resources to Start your Paleo Journey
- Kids and Health: The Decline of Good Nutrition and Fitness Programs in Schools
- 14 Best Sites to Learn About Paleo
- Paleo Chicken Wings