The World’s Oldest Performing Female Bodybuilder — Ernestine Shepherd
Baltimore, Maryland’s Ernestine “Ernie” Shepherd, at age 73, is a certified personal trainer, professional model and competitive all-natural bodybuilder. In March of 2010, on the stage of a television show in Rome, Italy, she was formally given the title of World’s Oldest Performing Female Bodybuilder (by Guinness World Records).
Not content to rest on her laurels, a couple of months later and less than two months shy of turning 74, Ernestine was back in the states and back on stage competing in the Capital Tournament of Champions bodybuilding contest. At this Musclemania competition she came in first place while competing in the Grand Masters division (ages 55 and up) and took second in the overall Lightweight Women’s category.
- Don’t Believe the Hype or the Memes
- There’s No Escaping Getting Older
- Fitness is Rented and Needs to Be Paid Every Day
- Stand Up to Cancer: 2015 Crush Cancer Event
- Which Hard Would You Rather Have: Health or Illness?
- Why Do You Workout?
- Running: A Skill That Can Alleviate Stress
- 50 reasons to Exercise
- How Bad Do You Want It?
- Kids and Health: The Decline of Good Nutrition and Fitness Programs in Schools