Women’s Set Points
So interesting — I am conscience of body fat percentages and often wonder how women feel when they have sub 20% body fat. All I have read is about the danger of visceral fat, around your mid-section is the area you should worry about. Since I am not a super curvy person (read: I have no hips), that is exactly where i gain it if I am not watching what I eat —
I said I’d go to bed, but then I read something interesting. Lately there has been some discussion in the comments here about what level of body fat is healthy for women. Is it healthy for women to be as lean as men should be (below 18% body fat)? Some authors say yes. After all, don’t women in third world refugee camps have babies all the time?
Turns out it’s more complex than that. Ancient Bodies, Modern Lives is my go-to reference on this sort of thing and lo and behold it had some answers on this matter.
- Tween Girls: Why Do They Have to Lose Confidence?
- Getting Back On The Horse
- Resources to Start your Paleo Journey
- Kids and Health: The Decline of Good Nutrition and Fitness Programs in Schools
- Does She Look Bulky To You?
- Try Mindful Eating!
- When the Queen is happy, there is peace in the kingdom.
- Gluten is tied to early menopause
- Changes in the Food Pyramid
- Your work is making you fat