Cancer — sucks.
It’s always interesting to learn about the origins of things that seem like they have been around forever. Hannah, along with some of her friends, raised money for the Ronald Mcdonald House a few years ago – but I never knew how it was founded. Very tragic, sad story — pediatric cancer is more heartbreaking than any other cancer to me. Those precious kids – having to deal with the pain and sacrifice, quickly being asked to grasp concepts that they shouldn’t have to know about —
Kim Hill, the daughter of former Philadelphia Eagles player Fred Hill, was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 3. Ronald McDonald Houses, now in 30 countries and regions, offer families of young patients a place to stay near hospitals.
- David Bowie: The Fabric of My Youth
- Allowing Kids to be Sedentary is Asking for Trouble
- Let’s Stand Up to Cancer
- Kids and Health: The Decline of Good Nutrition and Fitness Programs in Schools
- Saturday Ramblings from Suburbia
- Explaining Cancer to Kids
- CrossFit Kids is the Way!
- Girl Scouts vs. Health and Fitness
- Kids are Getting Fatter!
- The Truth About Heart Disease