Going Light on the Lady
I woke up with a sore throat so when I woke up this morning, I had some hot lemon tea so I could be ready for a workout. And today’s workout was all kinds of suck – as my fellow athlete Jon likes to say. It was one of the Girls of CrossFit – Nancy. Because I assume that the Girls of CrossFit were named after former girl friends — I can only imagine what a crappy girlfriend some of these ladies were and Nancy is no exception.
10 push ups
10 Kick to Handstands
10 Hamstring stretch
10 Pass thrus
Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
33lb Overhead squat, 15 reps
I went light with my weight today. My throat is sore and I feel run down so I brought 80% today. 33lb OHS is too light for me in general but my body is sore — and sometimes going light is the right thing to do.
I’m about to head off for a business trip — and of course I am trying to plan and figure out when I will be able to fit in some workouts. I emailed a CrossFit box in the area and they said – drop on in! So, that’s my plan and I am going to make as sure as I can that it happens.
- Stand Up to Cancer: 2015 Crush Cancer Event
- Burnout: A Break Can Re-inspire
- Weightlifting Girls Say The Darndest Things…
- Gearing up for the Big Race
- Make Every Day Count
- Love those Burpees Said No One Ever
- Encouraging Young Girls to Be Themselves
- CrossFit: Because there are better reasons than looking good in a bikini at stake…
- Is Your Daughter’s Wish To Be Thinner?
- CrossFit Kids is the Way!