Perspective and Hope
I was really out of sorts yesterday. I had a client meeting during the day and then attended my friend Khal’s memorial/visitation. I totally broke down from the moment it started. I just couldn’t stop thinking about him and his boys. He loved his sons more than the world. When I first met Kal – four years ago, I remember him talking to me about how important family was. He told me it was THE most important thing.
All the stories shared last night demonstrated how kind and caring Khal was — his light was clearly threaded through every story. He was a stand up man who loved his boys more than the world — and my hope for them is that they grow up to be as kind and caring as he was. Now they will have to learn how to live their new normal. My heart is just broken for the entire family. Khal was 43 years old — and his family from Syria couldn’t make it to the funeral which broke my heart as well.
Alexandra, Khal’s wife – shared a story with me about things happening for a reason. Khal had his massive heart attack on Weds evening — and normally the boys would have been over at his house (they were separated), but because there was a chorus concert at the school – they had switched nights and were at their Mom’s. I can’t even begin to imagine how horrible that would have been if the boys woke up to find their Dad. Divine intervention at work —
I can’t seem to get it all out of my mind – It’s another reminder to us all to gain perspective on our lives and evaluate what matters at the end of the day.
I was pretty tired this morning –emotionally wiped out, but knew that a workout would help me feel better – so got my butt up and went to Highbar CrossFit.
- 8 SUBCONSCIOUS MISTAKES OUR BRAINS MAKE EVERY DAY–AND HOW TO AVOID THEM
- Researchers Show How Mindfulness & Thoughts Can Induce Direct Molecular Changes To Your Genes
- Dr. Dustin Ballard: What draws people to CrossFit and Tough Mudder
- The Big 4 – Navy SEAL’s Technique to Conquering Fear and Panic
- A Lazy Girl’s Guide To Paleo
- Depression: Who Are You To Judge?
- Losing Someone Jolts Our Hearts To The Core
- Feeding Your Mind with Stories of Kindness
- Can We all Be Kind: Practicing Kindness
- Getting Back On The Horse
- Dynamic Effort Squatting
- Paleo Three Ingredient Ice Cream Treat
- Paleo Worlds Collide
- Stop Lying To Yourself about Your Nutrition
- Resources to Start your Paleo Journey