I hope everyone spent yesterday’s holiday the way they wanted! And took time to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we have. After all, that’s what the holiday is all about. Many folks in the CrossFit community do a workout entitled “Murph“, to honor Murph” – Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. He was 29, from Patchogue, N.Y. Lt Murphy was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor after his death. It’s a brutal workout if done completely – but the point is to do it in his honor, so 1/2 Murph or any sort of combo is fine too!
Learn more about Murph’s bravery and who he was…
I spent some time yesterday just sitting on my deck, feeling the somewhat cool breeze and soaking in the rays for a bit. I find sometimes that that’s one of the most effective ways for me to unwind and be still. I have been feeling out of sorts and am working my way back to whatever my normal is this week —
- Life Lessons: 8 Navy SEAL Self Confidence Tips
- Life Lessons: A New Memoir About What Happens When You Get Rid of All Your Stuff
- CrossFit: Why I don’t do CrossFit
- Fitness: DON’T GET BULKY – And other stupid things I hear…
- Nutrition: Gluten Cross-Reactivity UPDATE: How your body can still think you’re eating gluten even after giving it up.
- Nutrition: If Your Food Told the Brutal Truth
- Health & Fitness: If you’re fat and lose weight, you’re probably gonna get fat again
- Health & Fitness: HAS INSTAGRAM MADE DIETING MORE DANGEROUS?
Sunday: Power Boxing with HB
Monday: Power Boxing