Yesterday’s Yoga theme was BALANCE and the idea that the universe needs it and will do what is necessary to gain it. I’m sure we all have seen examples in our lives of the chaos that ensues when things are out of balance. We eat too much, drink too much, clutter up our spaces, overindulge in things that we shouldn’t. They are signs of things being out of whack in our lives.
A great example of someone trying to regain balance in their lives is Max Schireson, the chief executive of a software company, who made headlines because he decided to step down to spend more time with his family. Countless women make this choice regularly but it’s rare for a man to do it and then talk about it.
When I start to feel overwhelmed and unable to get a handle on things happening in my life – my house gets messier, I become annoyed and irritated, I eat more, and I have a tendency to sleep a lot more than I normally do (I love to sleep in general).
Learning how to balance life’s ever changing hills and valleys is a life long process but here are some good tips I have found:
- How to Create a Balanced Life: 9 Tips to Feel Calm and Grounded
- 3 Simple Things You Can Do To Improve Work-Life Balance In The U.S.
- Life Lessons: 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know About Working Out
- Life Lessons: WHAT A TEENAGE BOY NEEDS MOST FROM HIS MOM
- Fitness: This Exercise-Loving Mom Works Out With Her Kids, Inspires Us To Get Moving
- Fitness: The Skinny on Pre-workout Supplements
- Nutrition: The Whole Truth About Soy Lecithin