It was a good weekend — the weather was awesome, my family was home, my good friend, LIz, had her baby and I spent time with one of my dearest friends – Lani. I’ve been feeling unsettled with all the changes going on and needed to be around someone who really understands me outside of my hubby. Girls need girl time! We sat around, talked, drank some wine and when I left, I felt better: loved and heard. It’s really awesome to have people in your life that have your back no matter what.
I get so wrapped up in my head and the thought of heading out to do something social or out of my normal routine sounds daunting. But most of the time, I am glad I did. I can’t be alone in this feeling though – so I encourage you the next time you feel down in the dumps, call a friend or make plans to do something that makes you happy. You will feel better…
Here are some other great ideas to boost your mood naturally: 10 Ways to Lift Your Spirit
And of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that nutrition has a huge effect on your spirits: 10 nutrients that can lift your spirits
- Life Lessons: 5 BOOKS TO HELP YOU BUILD BETTER HABITS
- Life Lessons: 10+ Reasons I Love My Ugly Body
- Life Lessons: Girls called ‘too fat’ are more likely to become obese, study finds
- Health & Fitness: Should Paid ‘Menstrual Leave’ Be a Thing?
- CrossFit: For CrossFit fans, it’s as much a state of mind as a style of exercise
- CrossFit: CROSSFIT IS NOT A SPORT
- Sunday 5.18.14 Power Boxing
- Monday 5.19.14 Power Boxing